EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS A GUIDE , BE SURE AN ADULT IS BY YOUR SIDE !
Every JAMBO’S JOURNEY activity MUST have ADULT supervision.
Puppet activity supplies: fabric, safety scissors, fabric glue or needle and thread, buttons or googley eyes, paper lunch sacks, construction paper, and markers.
Each TEAM JAMBO puppet can use the same figure. This figure is hand sized pocket-puppet that can fit over a standard adult OR child’s hand. This simple pocket can be made by sewing or by using fabric glue to create a three sided pocket with an opening at the base. You can also purchase a terry wash cloth that is already a constructed hand mit.
You will need:
- Base Pocket~ Grey Fabric
- Belly~ grey oval fabric, and cotton balls/stuffing type material
- Eyes~ Googley eyes, 2 buttons, or marker
- Nose~ Marker
- Mouth~ Yarn, or black marker
- Ears~ Black Marker
- Whiskers~ Marker, clip 3 clean bristles from a nylon broom.
- Flipper’s~ Recycle your grey fabric scraps
- Tail~ recycle your grey fabric scraps
- Baray~ red fabric and a small red button
- Take a rectangular piece of grey fabric, then fold it in half and sew or glue the outside edges, make sure to leave an opening for your hand. If you are using fabric glue allow the puppet to dry over night.
- Turn your puppet inside out so all the seams are on the inside. Now you are ready to create your character!
- Take your grey oval for the belly and sew or glue the edges to the puppet pocket.
- Connect the googley eyes or buttons in the desired ‘eye’ location.
- Mark two dots in the desired location for the nose.
- Attach the yarn, in the desired shape for your puppets mouth, or draw one on using a marker
- Place two large black dots on either side of the head in the proper ear location.
- Fold your three nylon bristles in half, than sew or glue your bristles on the folded spot just under the nose to create a fanned out effect.
- Recycle your grey scraps of fabric by cutting them into four ovals, two of which should be almost half the size of the other two. Attach the two larger ovals in the proper flipper position.
- Overlap the two smaller ovals to create a ‘V’ shape then attach the part that comes to a point to the back side of your puppet in the tail position.
- Cut your red material into a circle, attach the small button in the center of the circle. Then sew or glue the whole thing slightly off centered on top of your puppets head
Now you’re ready to take your puppet on a journey. Be sure to take pictures update your passport every time you/your child and their puppet eco-friendly and friendly.