EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS A GUIDE , BE SURE AN ADULT IS BY YOUR SIDE !
Every JAMBO’S JOURNEY activity MUST have ADULT supervision.
Puppet activity supplies: fabric, safety scissors, fabric glue or needle and thread, buttons or googley eyes, paper lunch sacks, construction paper, and markers.
Each TEAM JAMBO puppet can use the same figure. This figure is hand sized pocket-puppet that can fit over a standard adult OR child’s hand. This simple pocket can be made by sewing or by using fabric glue to create a three sided pocket with an opening at the base. You can also purchase a terry wash cloth that is already a constructed hand mit, or a lunch sac
You will need:
- Base Pocket~ White fabric
- Eyes~ Googley eyes, 2 buttons, or marker
- Nose~ Marker, or 1 black fabric circle, or paper
- Mouth~ Yarn, or black marker
- Ears~ Recycle white fabric scraps, and pink fabric or paper
- Hands and Feet~ Recycle white fabric scraps, 1 circular black fabric/paper scrap for claws
- Tail~ 1 White pom-pom
- Scarf~ Green fabric
- Take a rectangular piece of white fabric, then fold it in half and sew or glue the outside edges, make sure to leave an opening for your hand.If you are using fabric glue allow the puppet to dry over night.
- Turn your puppet inside out so all the seams are on the inside. Now you are ready to create your character!
- Connect the googley eyes or buttons in the desired ‘eye’ location.
- For the nose cut a circular black piece of material in half. Glue or sew it in the desired location for the nose.
- Attach a piece of yarn in the desired shape for your puppets mouth. or draw a mouth on using a marker
- Cut your white left over fabric into four rectangles and one circle, then Cut the circle in half. Cut your pink fabric into a circle slightly smaller than the white circle you just made, then cut them in half. Sew, or glue the pink fabric to the white fabric, then attach the half circles flat side down in the desired position of the ears.
- Attach the rectangular pieces in the placement of the arms and legs, cut your 2 black circular pieces of fabric into 8 pieces. attach the claws pointy side out, or draw them on with a marker.
- Attach the white pom-pom to the back side of your polar bear
- Cut the green fabric into a long rectangular shape and attach the fabric to the neck and loosely knot it in front. Lastly snip the ends to create the frayed look.
Now you’re ready to take your puppet on a journey. Be sure to take pictures update your passport every time you/your child and their puppet eco-friendly and friendly.