EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS A GUIDE , BE SURE AN ADULT IS BY YOUR SIDE !
Every JAMBO’S JOURNEY activity MUST have ADULT supervision.
Puppet activity supplies: fabric, safety scissors, fabric glue or needle and thread, buttons or googley eyes, paper lunch sacks, construction paper, and markers.
Each TEAM JAMBO puppet can use the same figure. This figure is hand sized pocket-puppet that can fit over a standard adult OR child’s hand. This simple pocket can be made by sewing or by using fabric glue to create a three sided pocket with an opening at the base. You can also purchase a terry wash cloth that is already a constructed hand mit. or you can purchase a lunch sack.
You will need:
- Base Pocket~ Brown Fabric
- Belly~ Tan oval shaped piece of fabric
- Eyes~ Googley eyes, 2 buttons, or marker
- Nose~ 1 small pink fabric triangle, marker or paper
- Mouth~ Yarn, or black marker
- Ears~ 1 circular brown piece of fabric, and 1 pink circle of fabric, or paper
- Hands and Feet~ 4 brown rectangle of fabric
- Tail~ pink yarn/string
- Bow~ 1 long blue rectangle of fabric
- Take a rectangle piece of brown fabric, then fold it in half and sew or glue the outside edges, make sure to leave an opening for your hand. If you are using fabric glue allow the puppet to dry over night.
- Turn your puppet inside out so all the seams are on the inside. Now you are ready to create your character!
- Sew or glue the tan oval to the front of your brown pocket
- Connect the googley eyes or buttons in the desired ‘eye’ location.
- For the nose cut a triangular piece of pink material. Glue or sew it in the location of the nose. If you choose to you can also draw it on with marker.
- Attach the yarn in the desired shape for your puppets mouth. Or draw it on with a marker.
- Cut your brown left over fabric into four rectangles and one circle. Cut the circle in half. Cut your pink fabric into a circle slightly smaller than the brown circle you just made, then cut them in half. Sew, or glue the pink fabric to the brown fabric; To achieve the proper shape of the ear simply stitch or glue the two corners on the flat side of the circle together. Then attach them flat side down in the position of the ears.
- Attach the rectangular pieces in the desired placement of the arms and legs.
- Take a piece of pink string like material and attach it to your puppets back side in the placement of a tail.
- Cut your blue fabric into a long strip and tie it in a bow. Than attach the bow to your puppet in front of the left ear.
Now you’re ready to take your puppet on a journey. Be sure to take pictures update your passport every time you/your child and their puppet eco-friendly and friendly.