EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS A GUIDE , BE SURE AN ADULT IS BY YOUR SIDE !
Every JAMBO’S JOURNEY activity MUST have ADULT supervision.
Puppet activity supplies: fabric, safety scissors, fabric glue or needle and thread, buttons or googley eyes, paper lunch sacks, construction paper, and markers.
Each TEAM JAMBO puppet can use the same figure. This figure is hand sized pocket-puppet that can fit over a standard adult OR child’s hand. This simple pocket can be made by sewing or by using fabric glue to create a three sided pocket with an opening at the base. You can also purchase a terry wash cloth that is already a constructed hand mit.
You will need:
- Base pocket~ Camouflage fabric
- Eyes~ Googley eyes, buttons, or marker
- Nose~ make two marker dots
- Mouth~ pink fleece
- Adams apple~ Round purple cut out
- Gooey (parotid) Glands~ Purple Sequins
- Hands and Feet~ recycle camouflage fabric scraps and cut out desired size for webbed toad toes (try to say that 10 times fast)
- Hat~ 2 of the same sized circular pieces of brown felt
- Take a rectangular piece of camouflage fabric, and fold it in half than sew or glue the outside edges, make sure to leave an opening on the bottom for your hand. If you are using glue allow the to puppet dry over night.
- Turn your puppet inside out so all of the seams are on the inside. Now you are ready to create your character
- Connect the googley eyes or buttons in the desired ‘eye’ location.
- Use a Marker to apply two dots in the desired location of the nose.
- If you choose to create a movable mouth piece for Tex consider pink fleece for the inside of the mouth. For our purposes we will simply draw Tex’s goofy grin on with a marker.
- Glue or sew the purple circular piece of material just under his ‘chin’. If your feeling fancy you can create a bubble effect by snipping a line approximately half way across the purple fleece, glue the two edges so they over lap to create a cone shape and then glue the base of the cone to your puppets chin.
- Glue or sew the purple sequins to the back portion of the puppet to create the ‘bumpy’ effect
- Cut your recycled scraps of camouflage fabric into a 4 half circles and 4 rectangles. Attach the rectangles to the body in the placement of legs and arms, than attach the half circles flat side to the rectangle to create the webbed toe effect simply us a marker to create the toes.
- Take one piece of brown fleece and create the cone effect described in step number 8 then glue or sew the circumference or base to the second flat piece of fleece. But, hey if this is too complicated for you, just buy a dang hat or forget the whole dang thang.
Now you’re ready to take your puppet on a journey. Be sure to take pictures update your passport every time you/your child and their puppet eco-friendly and friendly.