EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS A GUIDE , BE SURE AN ADULT IS BY YOUR SIDE !
Every JAMBO’S JOURNEY activity MUST have ADULT supervision.
Puppet activity supplies: fabric, safety scissors, fabric glue or needle and thread, buttons or googley eyes, paper lunch sacks, construction paper, and markers.
Each TEAM JAMBO puppet can use the same figure. This figure is hand sized pocket-puppet that can fit over a standard adult OR child’s hand. This simple pocket can be made by sewing or by using fabric glue to create a three sided pocket with an opening at the base. You can also purchase a terry wash cloth that is already a constructed hand mit.
You will need:
- Base Pocket~ Brown fabric
- Face~ pink or tan medium sized oval
- Eyes~ Googley eyes, 2 buttons, or marker
- Nose~ Marker
- Mouth~ Yarn, or black marker
- Ears~ Recycle white fabric scraps, and pink fabric or paper
- Hands and Feet~ 4 rectangular pieces of fabric scraps, recycle a circular black fabric/paper scrap for claws
- Tail~ Recycle brown fabric left overs, small pink or tan triangle.
- Berry Munchies~ small blue, purple, and red pom-poms
- Take a rectangular piece of brown fabric, then fold it in half and sew or glue the outside edges, make sure to leave an opening for your hand. If you are using fabric glue allow the puppet to dry over night.
- Turn your puppet inside out so all the seams are on the inside. Now you are ready to create your character!
- Sew or glue your medium sized pink or tan oval in the Face position
- Connect the googley eyes or buttons in the desired ‘eye’ location.
- For the nose mark two dots in the desired nose area.
- Attach the yarn, in the desired shape for your puppets mouth. or use a marker
- For the ears. Cut your left over 1 brown circle and a slightly smaller pink fabric circle into and a small pink triangle (set the triangle aside for later). Cut the circles in half. Sew, or glue the pink fabric to the brown fabric, then attach the half circles flat side down in the position of the ears.
- Cut the recycled brown scraps of fabric into 4 short rectangular pieces and one LONG rectangle. Then attach them in the placement of the arms and legs
- Sew or glue the small pink triangle to one end of the LONG brown rectangle. Fold it in half long ways and sew or glue it in that shape. Then attach the tail to the back side of the puppet.
- Poco LOVES berries! So, we’re going to attach the blue, red, and purple berries to one or both of your puppets hands.
Now you’re ready to take your puppet on a journey. Be sure to take pictures update your passport every time you/your child and their puppet eco-friendly and friendly.